After several friendly nudges from JMS & G3, my friends from US, I began writing “Dear Diary: Misses and Kisses” from January 2009, sort of a monthly summary of all the tides and ebbs. Now that I am a blogger, the caption has evolved slightly but the concept remains the same…..
- Starting the blog of course is the first kiss of the month. It took several tries polls to even get the ‘title of the blog’ right. Thanks to my friends JMS, Cami and AT for their time and input, without which, it may have taken longer for me to decide on the very many choices.
- Making amends is another special kiss of the month. I stupidly allowed ‘egotitis’ to ferment and fester since mid-2008 and generously passed on so much bitterness that it is a miracle that my friends stuck with me. This month, I dared to pick up the phone and make an attempt and now I am happy that the bitterness has ‘pooofffed’.
- Re-connecting with some young friends is a bonus kiss of this month. Ammu was a pre-schooler and Unni was about five or so when I last saw them and now I am amazed at their willingness to discuss volunteering opportunities…and that too in Africa. Goodness gracious, at their age I was still into TinTin and Famous Five.!! I am also deeply touched by Kavi’s humility as well as Saggee’s sagacity.
- Preparing for my son’s university life pretty much rounded up the month. Accepting my new freedom, trying new hobbies and keeping good spirits while still encouraging /supporting him to accept his new freedom, try his new hobbies and keep positive, is a fulfilling feeling that words cannot explain. An evening spent talking (by the lake) with him will stay with me forever.
- Last kiss is finding a good mechanic and a tow-truck driver (all within minutes from my home) who charge very, very, very reasonable price for their services. Believe me when I stress on the ‘very’ as I have shelled out thrice as much for half the service before and with ‘Farmers Almanac’ predicting numbing coldness this winter, I’d never know when I may need them again.
So a big smocccccchhhhh for all these blessings!!
- My household budget went wild: had to replace fridge, exhaust pipes (for my car) and some pricey, unimportant sounding car parts such as ‘struts’…what is that..?? I might be able to even buy a lovely peacock with a ‘grand strut’ for that kind of money and I might even learn to ride one, but parking a peacock in downtown…? Ummm….maybe not a good idea…??
- Also the Irish Moors and Castles may have to do more penance before I can grace them with my ‘royal’ presence.
- And lastly, who stole my summer ..???