– Did not keep up with the posts as intended to while I was in Africa
– Scant or no internet access in the town I was in Africa was disappointing
– Lack of personal discipline in fitness
– Set out for my very first international volunteering experience and that too in Africa, can it get any better than this..?
– Beautiful and well mannered people we encountered in Zambia
– Wonderful arts, crafts, animals & natural sceneries
– Amazing new contacts an added bonus
– Above all, the satisfaction and pleasure of meeting and interacting with the children at not just one but three orphanages, oh GOD…. is simply a profound and enriching experience. I can’t find words to adequately express the same, except to say….
Thank You God For This Wonderful Opportunity!!
Ok, folks it feels great to be back to ‘The Americas’ from Africa and boy, what a fantastic greeting !!
Paul Begala nails it very aptly in The Huffington Post:
To be sure, this is an enormous, historic victory for Pres. Obama. He refused to trim his sails, refused to cut and run, refused to cave in to the timid souls of the commentariat and the hatemongers of the kook right. His cool courage, his dogged determination, his fearless focus are now the stuff of history.
Once in a while, while perusing for Gail Collins column, I would stumble upon BoBo’s in the NY Times and mostly end up more dsgusted than ever before. But in this latest column dated March 29, 2010, titled ‘The Sandra Bullock Trade’ (sorry, this post is not worth linking to), Bobo spectacularly demonstrates that he is better addressed as ‘BOZO’.
I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels.
Life’s a bitch.
You’ve got to go out and kick ass
~ Maya Angelou ~
As a student, I have participated in many debates on Women’s Reservation Bill in India. It would have been fitting had the Indian parliament approved the 33% Reservation bill today, ummmmmmmmmmm!! There are still miles to go ladies!!!
You did it! I am very, very proud of you, my dear Saggee!!
Sen. Jim Bunning (R-KY) has accepted a deal to drop his one-man filibuster of a bill that would extend expiring unemployment benefits for hundreds of thousands of people.
Bunning, in exchange for dropping his objection, will get one vote on an amendment to pay for the bill, which will cost an estimated $10 billion. Bunning’s amendment to pay for the bill will be the only amendment allowed on the floor. A final vote is scheduled to begin at 8:30 tonight.
So, tell me how much longer before we get to wish this bummer ‘Good Luck & God Speed!’
Talking Points Memo reports:
Sen. Jim Bunning (R-KY) is already infamous for blocking a temporary extension of unemployment and COBRA benefits for out of work Americans. But included in that package is legislation to prevent a mandatory pay cut for doctors–and by standing in its way, he’s triggered a 21 percent fee reduction to doctors seeing Medicare patients starting today.
If you wish to contact this piece of work to express your feelings in a polite way, of course, feel free to contact him at:
316 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510