- The name CANADA comes from KANATA meaning ‘village’ in Iroquoian.
- Basketball was invented by Canadian James Naismith in 1891.
- Canadians participated in the Siege of Lucknow during the Indian Rebellion of 1857.
- Able Seaman William Hall was the first blackman to be awarded the Victoria Cross (for his role in the Siege of Lucknow).
- No Canadian has been honoured with Victoria Cross since 1945.
- Montreal is the second largest mainly French-speaking city in the world after Paris.
- Saskatchewan was once ‘the breadbasket of the world’.
Ok, you must all have guessed it by now…Yup, after almost ten years of living in Canada as a PR, I am taking my “Citizenship Test” tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Me, me, welcomes me…ok, also you if you so desire!!